Music Banter - View Single Post - Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire) The Fantasy Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #62 (permalink)
The Monkey
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
So I finally cracked this thread open now that I've finished the fifth book and don't have to worry about spoilers. Interesting stuff, especially the theory behind Jon Snow that the Monkey brought up. What complicates this theory, however, is how Jon
Spoiler for spoiler for all books:
gets stabbed at least four times at the end of Dance with Dragons. I find it hard to believe he will survive, given Martin's penchant for bathing in a pool of his readers' tears. However, I would not be surprised if Snow did survive the attack because Martin has also really blurred the line between life and death in the fourth and fifth books, what with The Hound's ambiguous state of life, Lady Catelyn's resurrection, Brienne's resurrection(?), etc. It's almost as if he's afraid to permanently off anyone any more.
Spoiler for spoiler for all books:
I doubt Jon is dead. For one thing, he was "killed" in his own POV, which so far in the series means that you're not really dead. It's only if another POV witnesses your death that you are really dead.

Case in point: Davos during the Battle of Blackwater, Tyrion during the Blackwater, Catelyn at the Red Wedding, Arya outside the Red Wedding, Brienne at the Inn at the Crossroads, Theon during the sack of Winterfell.

The Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote