Music Banter - View Single Post - Beatles/Rolling Stones...Early Years...
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #39 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
They made quite a huge name for themselves in their early days so it's a little more than marketing and good management.

The Beatles remain extremely popular and they've been inactive for over 40 years. Is it because of marketing? Sure, in a way. But there has to be a demand for their stuff in order for the marketing to be so successful. You can get popular on good marketing and management alone, but it takes more than that to be on a level such as the Beatles, and to remain on such a high level for over 40 years is pretty remarkable. Take the best marketed pop star today and lets see how popular they are In 40 years. There's a chance they might remain popular but it's doubtful, and almost certain they won't reach the Beatles level of success.
My comment was aimed at the longevity of the Stones and not how they or the Beatles made their reputations in the 1960s.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote