Music Banter - View Single Post - Beatles/Rolling Stones...Early Years...
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #40 (permalink)
Raust
Music Addict

This question has been debated more than the question of "does God really exist?" It's been discussed at every game of poker at every bar accross the country. It's been discussed on MB countless of times. And yet we are presented w/ the option of disecting Stones/Beatles singles. This has to be the most inaacurate way of depicting a band. You're basing it off of the 2 respective bands popularity instead of there body of work. Despite the list of singles you have provided for each band i have to go with the Stones. The Beatles in my honest opinion managed to perfect the idea of pop melodies while the Stones wore there influences on there sleaves. The result was The Beatles breaking up in the most melodramatic way possible by playing on top of a building and The Stones making the music they wanted up to present day. Not only that, but The Beatles never even had the gaul to put there differences aside and reunite close to 20 years. The Stones have gained my respect in that aspect as a more relavent and even more timeless band.
Raust is offline   Reply With Quote