Music Banter - View Single Post - Anyone here ever seen a ghost? Or something strange like that?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

I think that when multiple people experience the same thing, at least in a supernatural sense, a large part of the experience may be due to the similarities in the descriptions of past incidences (whether they are valid or not). Seeing a full-figured "ghost" that is pale and translucent that appears to float around a room or something is something so commonly talked about that rather than assuming it has more credibility because multiple people have experienced it, I tend to assume it's less credible because it seems to feed off of what other people have already described.

I mean, if ghosts existed and people saw them as frequently as they claim to, I suppose there would be similarities in the experiences, but because I don't believe ghosts do exist it feels kind of obvious that the subconscious idea (through media or oral tradition) of what it is to "see a ghost" can be attributed to any given person "experiencing a ghost." Not sure if any of what I just said makes sense, but eh.

I feel the same way about stories of alien abduction or near-death experiences. If you've been told all your life that when you're about to die you see a bright light at the end of a tunnel, when you're in a situation in which you're close to dying you're likely to impose that idea on your experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote