Music Banter - View Single Post - Tony Iommi or Jimmy Page?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #181 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
I think The Allman Brothers were definitely more technical than Zeppelin. Zeppelin played faster and harder so that could easily fool some people into thinking they were more technical than the Allmans. They Allmans wrote deeper, more complex songs; Zeppelin wrote simpler, more poppy songs. John Bohnam is great but the Allmans rhythm section was better, and they don't get near as much credit. Duane and Dickey Betts used Jazz techniques quite a bit in their guitar playing as well.

Just found this article, it's probably not true but still funny. I wish Duane would have kicked that douche bags ass

Robert Plant beaten up by Duane Allman in US
I really don't know why you're comparing the Allmans with Led Zeppelin here based around technicality. The Allmans played their own style of southern rock based around their own unique sound and Led Zep were certainly not playing fast to con people into believing that they were more technical than they actually were. The Allmans defined what Southern rock was, whilst Led Zep basically defined what hard rock was all about in the early 1970s.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote