Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #17352 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

I picked up 3 discs this weekend in a buy 2 get 1 free deal from a local used spot.

Both Guns n' Roses' Appetite for Destruction and Faith No More's The Real Thing have already been part of my collection multiple times in the past on both cassette and cd. They've also been ripped off or never returned in the past. They were both under $10 so I figured it was a good time to replace classics. There are no weak tracks on either album so long as you go into them with open eyes and don't expect either to change the world. Appetite is arguably the pinnacle of sleazy 80s hard rock, The Real Thing is one of the pinnacles of funk metal and a precursor to the more progressive elements that would find their way into some of the more technical alternative rock of the 90s.

The 3rd disc I got is new old stuff.

The Killjoys - Starry

They were a basic 3 piece Canadian punk rock outfit in the early 90s. I don't think their singles amounted to much of anything south of the border which, like it or not, is ultimately the death knell to any Canadian band trying to make a living playing just about any aspect of commercial music. Their breakthrough single is the lead track on this disc and I still think it kicks all sorts of ass, pretty sure I've already posted it in one of the punk threads but whatever - great video too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote