Music Banter - View Single Post - Power Metal
Thread: Power Metal
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #259 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

I often wondered why Virgin Steele appeared on so many best ever power metal lists and now I know the reason why. The concept albums The Marriage of Heaven and Hell are this reason, these are some of the most epic power metal albums that I've ever heard, this band really have mastered the more brutish American power metal style and fused it perfectly with the more melodic European style. They sound like Manowar meets Blind Guardian but with all the rough edges taken out, hell some of the riffs along with the diversity on these albums are amazing and they even fuse in AOR and ballads as well. I now firmly put this band as one of the best power metal acts around.

Virgin Steele The Marriage of Heaven and Hell Pt.1 1994

Now Pt.1 is a fantastic album but Pt.2 is even more amazing and every song is outstanding. The albums remind me of Helloween's Keeper of the Seven Keys and as great as those albums were, I'd actaully say these two albums by Virgin Steele are better song for song.

Virgin Steele The Marriage of Heaven and Hell Pt.2 1995
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote