Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #17359 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
this sounds interesting.....
Interesting is probably the best way to describe it, it didn't hit the same note that bands like Sigh or Nachtmystium did with their incorporation of psychedelic
rock elements into metal, but it's definitely unlike anything I've ever heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Yeah, I just downloaded it too. Not kept up with many of the Metal releases (of whatever sub-genre) in 2012 unlike Pete, but I shall look back through this thread at some point because there are quite a lot of interesting album covers than need a second look.
Honestly I'd recommend you just do what I do and look through the top 300 or so for this year on RateYourMusic. Start off with just the top 100 and then start to add in your variables like the top Progressive Death Metal albums or Black Metal albums, and then do the same thing again but instead of looking at the Top albums, change that to "Esoteric". I'm not sure exactly what it takes into consideration but I've found a couple of gems that way before. June is a great month to get caught up on what came out during the first half of the year, and then I usually do the same again in January when there's usually nothing coming out to keep up with anyways.

I wish I could recommend you a couple of blogs too, but because of recent activities they've all but disappeared.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote