Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #1226 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Page 44 to 58

Balance of Power:
I liked the concept of your "Get to Know the Band Idea" I still think their best album is Book of Secrets but I've still yet to hear their later stuff.
Thanks. Yeah, BoP are one hell of a band! Pity they're not still around: they had some excellent stuff.
Quote:
Styx: I saw you featured a song of theirs, which was followed by the comment that you don't know the band that well, I'm shocked!
Yeah, well the thing about that is that the Styx track came as part of the "Random track of the day" slot. I have a huge collection and when something is picked out randomly it could very well be something I've never heard before. It's just luck of the draw. All I know of Styx is the two singles, "Babe" and "Mr. Roboto". I must make time to listen to some more of their material...
Quote:
Bad English: One of the late great AOR albums of the 1980s,
Yeah I love that album. Almost no bad tracks at all on it, and it really hits the spot. May do a proper review on it at some point in the future.
Quote:
Trevor Rabin: I've never decided what I really think about him, he often gets a lot of credit for putting Yes back on the map with the 90125 album, I've not heard the solo album you've put up, so will give it a listen.
I wouldn't expect too much. It starts off well but generally is quite disappointing. That said, I haven't heard any of his other solo work, and his contribution to the later Yes stuff was indeed impressive.