Music Banter - View Single Post - greatest rock frontman in last 25 yrs
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 10:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Merkaba
Whitewater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
/\ thats your opinion, AXL blew alot, and half the time didn't show the **** up. Hetfeild got ****ing torched and went back out the next night. GnR was asked to do a 3 hour set the night he got burned and they quit because they coudln't do it.

I don't feel like being friendly or diplomatic anymore. St. Anger does not disquilify Metallica from being one of the greatest bands ever. If you said "Hey guy, Axl just got burned on stage, can you play a 3 hour set" they wouldn't think twice about it.

I don't care if you don't like his voice, your constant condemnation of that bad is unwarrented and is as untrue as opinions get.
I wasn't negotiating my support for axl in that comment. It had nothing to do with axl. Why is it that Hetfield got torched? It sure as hell wasn't becuase he forgot the lyrics. And speaking of lyrics, they aren't exactly fantastic audio poetry. Also, his tone doesn't suit the music, there is no harmony. I wouldn't mind James if he didn't try and shout down the music. And St. Anger isn't that bad, the style isn't all that much different from their earlier stuff. Where does St. Anger come from anyway? I didn't refer to it...

I know I reiterate that "vocals" opinion frequently, but if I dislike his voice than that should at least be taken into account. It isn't like i am the only one. If we come to the conclusion he is the greatest, then I won't argue, it was my two cents. Twas just commenting on why I do not feel James has been thee greatest.

I'll cease use of that opinion as of now ok? I didn't mean to twist your undies