Music Banter - View Single Post - Life and " Reality ". Making Do
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 06:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldPo View Post
Imagine if everything we thought might be our reality...was. As in, maybe reality is not as strict in terms of rules and what it is. For instance, if I say, what if I am in a dream right now, What about if none of this is real? Well by even having this thought, does that not make the situation in some ways real?
If you live in a dream, that dream probably seems to be quite consistent in regards to rules and so on. You can talk to a physicist who can do things in your dream that maybe you don't understand and when he explains them to you, you won't understand it. So your dream is more complex than you probably can comprehend. Could it be your dream then?

Either way, as long as the rules of your dream is consistent and consequence follows cause according to general rules - as long as the ball falls to the ground when you drop it - does it really matter? Not drinking water makes you thirsty, not being with people makes you lonely .. So the way I see it, as long as the universe behaves consistently, whether or not it is a dream has ultimately little relevance because we all still play by the same rules.

If hypothetically it was a fact that we do live in a dream, then that fact would only become relevant when living in a dream changes our world in a way which we can perceive.

If you know what I mean Until then, it really doesn't matter.