Music Banter - View Single Post - Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

If you want something similar to a recollection of the early days of the Chili Peppers I'd recommend:

Whores: An Oral biography on Perry Farrel and Jane's Addiction. It's mostly written as snippets and comments from various people associated with Perry and his bands during their early days and up to the reunion that would result in the recording of Strays.

Another great rock bio book is THE DIRT. The Motley Crue bio. Just. WOW. Absolute MUST READ for anyone even remotely interested in the debauchery of the rock and roll lifestyle.

This last one might not suit everyone but Get In The Van by Henry Rollins is a chronicle of his journals and thoughts during his time with Black Flag. There's no glamourization here, no stories of stabbing through a briefcase full of cocaine, no sexing up a fat chick to drive her new sports car, just raw reflections on the reality of being an independent touring band doing it on your own dollar; though it does teach you the proper way to eat dogfood, and exploit an all you can eat salad bar. Anyone thinking of starting up a punk band and hitting the road NEEDS to read this book first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote