Music Banter - View Single Post - Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 05:43 AM   #1384 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I think it's a bit strange with all the heat Ki's taking for his complaint.

He's offended by Urban's behaviour so obviously there's something that can be found offensive about the way Urban behaves. Everyone who knows Urban knows where Ki is coming from, even if they don't agree that it is unacceptable. That means there is something to complain about. It's not like it's coming out of the blue and has no relevance to real life.

Although it may not seem like it, I'm thinking of this in a general way and I'm not saying we should all rip on Urban. If I cared enough about the way he is with newbs, I would've brought it up when I was a mod, but I don't think I did. Anyways, point is moderators work for free for the betterment of the community and are people like you. You can't expect them to be without fault. Urban is not perfect, Janszoon is not perfect, Jackhammer wasn't perfect, Freebase Dali isn't perfect. I can think of a lot of things I did when I was a moderator that was complaint-worthy. If someone had directed a complaint against me when I was a mod, I would've been a bit humble towards that because I acknowledge that I'm not without fault. Not being faultless doesn't mean you're doing a **** job, but perhaps there is something you can improve on. Had such criticism been directed towards me, I would've taken it seriously and I know I wouldn't have liked it if people started retorting with childish troll-posts on my behalf, doing their best to make whoever dared open his mouth against me feel ostracised from the community for his audacity.

So, criticising moderators - as long as it's a relevant complaint - should be fair game in a "spill your guts" thread and is criticism really so dangerous that the community has to get together to fight the critics on subjects like this? Do we need a counter movement against one guy's dissatisfaction? That's not acting like a community. People who wants to defend Urban's position should make respectful arguments and not act like butthurt children. If they resort to simple trolling (like Aurora's first answer), their posts should not slip through the censor. At least, I thought that was the point of having this thread in this forum.