Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #11640 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

ok let me explain something.....i've been watching Dark Shadows since i was 12....and for a few years there it was the only time that my step father and i did not claw at each others throats....and to this day he and i get together and do marathons of the wonderful 60s soap opera....so when i first saw in Entertainment Weekly that Tim Burton was doing a rehash of the show i was very excited....then i saw the first preview....i could not believe that two people who claim to love the original gothic soap opera would turn it into a stupid comedy....and i vowed to NEVER see it (i mean you saw what they did to The Prisoner right?!)

but

for mothers day i took my mom and my two sisters out for lunch and a movie....explaining that they would have to agree on a film that they wanted to see....out of spite they choose Dark Shadows....so here i am.....determined to NEVER see this horrible film....and now paying for four tickets!

i suppose i need to remember that the trailer does not necessarily tell you exactly what the film will be like

it was awesome.....great (over) acting on all parts....especially the lovely Eva Green....and really had the exact over the top soap opera feel as the original Tv show......it had everything the original show had....creepy enterprising vampire, ghosts everywhere, werewolves....tons of subtle through outs to the original series...an over the top dramatic story and the cheese.....oh my did it ooze with cheese

when Jonathan Frid (the original Barnabas Collins) died a few weeks ago i had joked that he probably saw the trailer for the new film and his body just gave up....i can now say that i really hope he had a chance to view this as i am sure he would have loved it
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote