Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Room 101 (Music Version) is open for business!
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #33 (permalink)
The Bullet
Music Addict

Couple nominations

1. The attitude that classical is the most superior form of music, and no jazz, rock, or EDM will ever be as good or "fine" as any of it.
2. The opposite attitude that classical is snobbery, not music since its become all proper.
Spoiler for Really long off-topic rant about Liszt in particular:
(None of these composers had people dress all nicely to see them during their time, as I hope most people here know. Heck, Liszt use to set up his piano so that the strings would snap off as he played each note for the last time and he would smash his piano at the end of his shows. That's not the bad part at all, that's really cool and SOUNDS like a 19th century Hendrix. NOT WHAT HE WAS AT ALL. The sad thing is that his fanbase consisted of young, lovestruck girls who would faint when he did this, and ONLY lovestruck girls. I know what you're thinking, but The Beatles eventually expanded their fanbase during their lifetime once they got good. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that was the case for Liszt. The fact that people are dressing up to hear guys trained to play anything perform music by a guy who was seen as Bieber during his lifetime... I'm not saying his music isn't good. It is. I'm saying it took musically educated people a LONG time to take him seriously, even if for the better, and that's really ironic.)

3.Black Veil Brides. Banish them NOW. If you don't know who they are, you've been spared.
Spoiler for Quite possibly, the death of rock:

Spoiler for An even longer rant, and this time, I don't cut slack at the end of it.:
These ****ing Crue wannabee sellouts who decide to be emo so they can market to that crowd. I go to school with fangirls who set their last name to "Sixx" on Facebook, since that (as I've been forced to know) use to be their singer's stagename after Nikki Sixx, and then they have no idea who Motley Crue ever was aside from MAYBE the fact that the name comes from them. As for the fanboys, they all play guitar very mediocrely and think they're absolutely amazing. They then proceed to claim themselves as "defending 'real music' in a sea of crap" Drives me nuts. Banish them. Please. Send them away. Kill them. Banish them. Banish them now. In 2020, I see a generation of awful rockers ripping off these guys who are already ripping off a band who already fell off a long time ago.
The Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote