Music Banter - View Single Post - RiFF RaFF
Thread: RiFF RaFF
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
he's so interesting in his videos and his music.. that's why James Franco's gonna play a character based on Riff Raff in a movie directed by Harmony fucking Korine.. that's the dude right there. and he wanted Riff Raff, but Riff Raff said he couldn't fit it into his schedule, so James Franco took it up.
Dude you gotta try to not be so infatuated with this guy. They make up BS headlines like this all the time for hype, remember when lil b was doing an album with Jay Electronica?

Quote:
Franco says his Spring Breakers character is not based on Riff Raff, and that Harmony Korine never offered Riff Raff a role in the film. He tells GQ:

None of that’s true. I’ll tell you why he could have never been offered the role. Harmony (Korine, the movie’s writer and director) and I were talking about doing a movie together before Spring Breakers was even conceived. I had been a fan of his work and he wanted to do something and I said, “I’ll do anything with you.” We started discussing ideas and one day he sent me a treatment, which he said he’s never done before, just to run it by me…And then he wrote the script. So there’s no chance Riff Raff could have been offered the role.

Read more: James Franco to Play Riff Raff in Harmony Korine Movie « The FADER
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote