Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Song Shuffle
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #3001 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
OK then, time to rag on Troll again! Here's my next selection...

Canto alla vita --- Josh Groban featuring the Corrs, but then you can't have everything! (Josh Groban) Man, I love that guy's music!!!

Nimrod --- Edward Elgar (The Nimrod variations) How can you not like this?

While your lips are still red --- Nightwish (B-side, as it were, of "Amaranth")

End title --- James Horner (Braveheart OST) is there a more emotional piece of music? Yes, but man this brings a lump to my throat!

Tender memories --- Vangelis (Alexander OST) Haven't heard this before, but hey, it's Vangelis!

Home --- Daughtry (Daughtry) Look, I thought it would be better than the usual X-Factor crap. I wasn't that far right though, but it's not too bad.

The price you pay --- Savatage (Hall of the mountain king) Another I haven't heard before

Mick Harvey Ed-Clayton Jones Doghead revisited --- Nick Cave (And the ass saw the angel) Epiphany, man, epiphany!

I wish you peace --- Eagles (One of these nights) Great album!

Plastic dreamer --- It Bites (Once around the world) Love this album. Just love it!

Hard to choose a favourite, but for sheer emotional feeling Braveheart takes it.
While he has a great voice, I'm not a fan of Josh Grobin's music, nor am I able to stomach Nightwish. The rest of your list is pretty good, nice to see Savatage and Nick Cave on there.

Mike Patton, John Zorn & Dave Lombardo - Slims - San Fransisco, CA (12)
The Fall - Middle Mass
Talking Heads - Houses in Motion
Gong - Bodilingus
Buckethead - Tide Pools
Frank Zappa - Overture to a Holliday in Berlin
Hawkwind - You'd Better Believe It
John Cage and Sun Ra - Untitled (1)
Albert Ayler - Ghosts
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Red House

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote