Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Progressive Rock Band :)
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 06:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWGUY562 View Post
So I checked out all of Yes's work and I like everything from Yes to Relayer Everything after that was a bit of a drag for me, they are pretty decent not as great as Genesis or Pink Floyd but at least their listenable.
You listened to all those Yes albums in the space of a day and fully absorbed them, and you think they're just decent!!!. I think you need to listen to them again and a lot more slowly to fully absorb them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWGUY562 View Post
Let's just put it like this i was born in the 90's :[
I never heard of them, one day I was watching vh1 greatest artist of all time and i seem a few people talk about Genesis and I loved the song they were playing (land of confusion) and the performance they showed (Peter Gabriel dressed up as a flower). So I checked out their music and was completely blown away(their 70's stuff was the best imo)...I've been into everything they did since so i had 2 get everything that I could by them.
Ok I'm going to check out the albums you just listed
let's start this off with Marillion
You'll like Marillion, they sound like a 1980s reincarnation of Peter Gabriel era Genesis.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote