Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Band: 90s Seattle Era.
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #503 (permalink)
ElephantSack
Man vs. Wild Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Where's Mudhoney?
No Mother Love Bone or Temple of the Dog either.

But all the same. Alice in Chains for the win, definitely. I would take Soundgarden after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
Weiland can sing but stp is nothing compared to AIC. There are a few stp songs I can think of where weiland is obviously trying to mimick layne staley. I really used to like stp until I really listened to bands like AIC.

I don't really think Chris cornell is any better than layne. Just listen to "man in the box", I don't think Cornell has that kind of power in his voice.
If you've ever seen the live footage of Stone Temple Pilots Unplugged, it's a very good performance, but there are times when I can't help but think, "If you were on Layne's dick any more, you'd be his nuts, Scott."

As far as Chris Cornell goes, despite any missteps he may have taken with his career ('cough'..'cough' "Scream"). He's always been an exceptional vocalist, and Soundgarden did a lot more musical exploration with their sound than most of their contemporaries. Aside from AIC, of course. I would actually go so far as to say that Chris had more of a range than Layne, but I still have to go with AIC. They've been one of my favorites since I was 8 years old.

Last edited by ElephantSack; 05-16-2012 at 01:38 PM.