Music Banter - View Single Post - Review: Avril Lavigne - Goodbye Lullaby (2011)
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Mangaeyes
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
If "Everybody Hurts" as well as "Wish You Were Here" were covers, I might almost be inclined to check it out. Then again I don't expect her target market to be familiar with the originals either.

As for co-writers / musical associates is it still predominantly Raine Maida (from Our Lady Peace) and his wife Chantal Kreviazuk (which we Canadians had to hear her whine about WAAAAAAYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyynnnnnnnnnnnnnneee endlessly in the 90s).
No they had a big arguement over Avril's songwriting a few years ago! It's Avril's best-friend/shadow Evan Taubenfeld and pop hitmakers Max Martin and his companion Shellback. Producers are Max Martin and Shellback, as well as Deryck Whibley (Sum 41/her ex-husband) and Butch Walker (co-wrote/produced her big hit "My Happy Ending").

I'm not sure what to suggest. If you're really interested then give "Push" or "Not Enough" a go. They're still pretty teenagerish but they're more mature than her previous stuff and do the album justice as well as being pretty popular amongst her target market (which for the record I don't consider myself part of) (;

Last edited by Mangaeyes; 05-18-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Mangaeyes is offline   Reply With Quote