Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Wars!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #1231 (permalink)
Metal Connoisseur
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
The drum triggers were ridiculous, now as a technical death metal band Fleshgod Apocolypse are actually quite good and the singing brutal as expected, problem was with the symphonic elements, I thought they were going to be integrated into the songs than just used randomly throughout the album, at times they seemed so out of place. The album actually promised a lot, but I see it as a lost opportunity by the band to do something very good. SO Anorexia get the vote as their album was probably more solid of the two.

Fleshgod Apocolypse -1
Anorexia Nervosa -1
I can really see this argument but I can't help but play devil's advocate on behalf of Fleshgod. To me, they are the better band as a whole, and while their symphonic elements don't necessarily pervade their songs and integrate as seamlessly as Anorexia Nervosa's, the small outbursts of symphonic melody provide an interesting juxtaposition for me at least. The fact that the symphonic moments exists mostly in and of themselves and not with the more metallic-brutal moments make them all the sweeter for me as it's almost a welcome respite from the colossal brutality of Fleshgod's music, floating about for a around a minute and then breaking into another head-smashing blast assault; a dynamic I love.

Fleshgod Apocalypse - 2
Anorexia Nervosa - 1