Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #9826 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Urban Pet Owners!

PICK UP YOUR ANIMAL'S SH!T! EVERY. TIME.

I live in a small city, in what happens to be a pet friendly building. I also happen to help out around the building by keeping the stairs and walkway clear of snow in the winter and lawn nice and trimmed in the summer. It helps me force myself to go outside and do some kind of physical work, as a result I kind of like it.

Except when I have to mow poop.

Last week was the first mow of the season, so it was kind of expected. But after the winter and the subsequent heating up / regrowth period in the Spring, whatever dog bombs were left were hard and dry and relatively easy to clean up.

Today, I got up, went outside, and proceeded to mow the lawn. First I noticed a few little turds on the strip of lawn between the sidewalk and the street. Not a huge deal but still aggravating. Then I start trimming the actual lawn in front of the building and I find a dump bigger than the one -I- dropped this morning. Fresh and squishy too.

So I scooped it up with rocks and dropped it all in a nice pile on one of the steps. There's NO WAY anyone can miss it. Yes, it's horribly immature and passive aggressive. But whatever. If you can't handle picking up after your animal every time, then you're simply not responsible enough to properly care for a pet in an urban environment. There's no denying it came from the lawn, there's still some green stuck to some turds.

I figure it'll still be there when I take off for lunch regardless of how many owners relieve their animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote