Music Banter - View Single Post - Help with amature recordings?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Slide/
Groupie

Default Help with amature recordings?

I'm looking to record a bit of my music as a demo for a few interested parties, but I'm worried about quality; I'm not looking for crazy studio-radio quality, but along the lines of what you hear from Nina Nesbitt on her youtube videos; go do a search for 'Glue' or her '96 F***ries' JME cover.

This girl says she records in a home studio. So apparently it can be done!

I have basically the bare minimum at the moment; a keyboard, but I'm not really looking to record the keys. Two guitars, a fender acoustic and an old half size Samick (which I LOVE).

I have PCs and software of course, Audacity. And a cheap mic, but I'm looking for a new one; does anyone know of a good low-price-range (under $200) mic for vocals?

How can I connect my guitars to the software? Neither of them have pickups. Is there a quality, cost-effective way of doing that? How is it done? Or would it be a better idea (for a higher quality sound) to get a new guitar that has everything already installed to connect it to an amp or mic?

Thanks a ton in advance! I really know nothing about recording, so anything you can tell me would ba amazing!
Slide/ is offline   Reply With Quote