Music Banter - View Single Post - It had to happen... Prog Wars!
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default It had to happen... Prog Wars!

No, not a "Celebrity Deathmatch" style battle between Rick Wakeman and Peter Gabriel, (though that WOULD be cool --- hmmm...) but following on from Unknown Soldier's "Metal wars" and of course the actual "Album wars" thread, I thought why not have one JUST for prog albums?

And here it is.

You know how it goes: PM me your album choice, one album goes up against another, people vote for each album and then it's "two albums enter, one album leaves", to paraphrase Mad Max. Drawing on the rules of the original Album Wars (thanks Electrophonic Tonic) it'll be first come, first served and if it's a close-run thing then the voting can continue until one album wins, or loses. In the event however of there being a clear winner from the outset (let's say, out of 10 votes one album gets 8) then that album is declared the victor and removed from the current battle, and we go on to the next.

I surely don't need to say it, but since this is "Prog wars", the only albums accepted for battle will be legitimate, recognised prog albums, though this does not by any stretch mean that an unknown album cannot be included. Just make sure it's prog --- rock or metal is fine, symphonic, orchestral, whatever, but it must be prog.

In the event that I'm unsure if a submitted album meets the criteria for being prog, I will open it up to the members and we can vote firstly on whether or not it should be included. Yay! Democracy, eh?

So let's go then: remember, first up gets first crack.

Disclaimer: "Prog Wars" is not an original Trollheart idea, but he is robbing it for this thread...