Music Banter - View Single Post - Anyone here ever seen a ghost? Or something strange like that?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 06:12 AM   #58 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
I don't believe in ghosts. I also wouldn't say I particularly disbelieve either. I just haven't ever had an experience that required me to put much thought into it. I would say the paranormal could be described as an interest of mine but I have never been interested enough to pick it apart and force myself to make a decision and take a side.

I do, however, think that our opinions can be heavily influenced by our state of mind. We can make more of something than is necessarily and tell ourselves that we thought we saw or heard is real. Also, do you WANT to believe in ghosts? if you do then you are far, far more likely to do this.

Just the other week at work I was one of the last out of the office. I hung around for a little longer than I wanted to cause there was only one person left at this point, this girl who didn't want to be alone cause the office creeps her out when shes alone. I couldnt wait around any longer and so I left and she said she was gonna get ready to leave too. I saw her the next day and she told me that she went into the kitchen and as she did, out of the relative silence there was a loud, high-pitched screaming. She said she grabbed all of her stuff and actually fled the building.

I explained to her that the extractor fan in the kitchen is broken and often, if it has been powered down for a long time, makes a loud, schreeching sound when its first turned on and, as she switched the light on, she turned it on. I reported it.

Had she not been alone she wouldnt have been alarmed. She wouldnt have been frightened and she wouldnt have described it as a "screaming". She might also have been more aware of the fact that the bloody thing stopped making noise when she turned the light back off again as she fled the office in hysterics.
Great story, mojo And a very good example of how different people interpret stuff.