Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated Album By These Groups:
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
NEWGUY562
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophonic Tonic View Post
The Rolling Stones - Let it Bleed. Yeah, it's a top tier album by the Stones. But, I think it's miles and miles ahead of anything else they've done.

The Beatles - Beatles for Sale. Of the early records, this one is my favorite. (Despite Mr. Moonlight being one of their worst recorded songs ever)

The Kinks - Lola vs. the Powerman and the Money-go-round. Sorta the same argument as Let it Bleed. Village Green is really good, but this is so much better.

The Who - The Who Sell Out. I agree.

Pink Floyd - Meddle. Animals is a good choice, but I think it has more overall praise than Meddle.

Genesis - Trespass. Totally prog snob/opposite, bro. It's all about Peter Gabriel's Genesis. The Knife? Top 10 favorite prog song ever.

The Doors - Morrison Hotel. You're telling my Peace Frog, Waiting for the Sun and Roadhouse Blues are all on one album and it's not considered one of their better works?
ok the fact that most critics and fans say that exile is better than let it bleed bugs the hell outta me! :/ let it bleed is their best album.

beatles for sale had it's moments but it was mostly covers that ruined it for me.

lola versus the powerman was a great album but i have 2 disagree with it being better than village green. (the moneygoround?)

trepass was another gorgeous piece of art why do people hate phil collins era so much? just because they went mainstream? the music was still great!
their best albums however might be "the lamb lies down on broadway"

i agree with you on morrison hotel but what about these songs? blue sunday? indian summer? both in my top 5 doors songs
NEWGUY562 is offline   Reply With Quote