Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 02:24 AM   #1308 (permalink)
FireWaterBurn
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
2 baskets for dwayne wade is not okay i don't care how many floaters mario chalmers gets let him have em.

San Antonio hasn't even had to try hard yet in the playoffs, them vs OKC is going to be epic.
Indeed it will be epic. We are in a real special era of NBA right now, this is stuff we will tell our kids someday.

Damn, nobody even posted about the Lakers game the other night? A pure classic. I'm about to write a novel so feel free to respond to any part of this.

Russ Westbrook is a ****ing beast. I hope these playoffs really showcase how amazing he is, as I don't feel lie he gets the respect he deserves. I'd put him on the level of Rose. The dude is incredible athletic, fast, and strong, and when he is hitting that jumper off the pick and roll he's damn near unstoppable. I was just in awe watching him the other night shred the Lakers defense.

That OKC-Lakers game 4 was a classic. As usual, the Lakers relied completely on Kobe down the stretch and he hit some mind-boggling shots but they should have found a way to keep feeding the bigs. I know they were fronting a lot in the 2nd half, but whoever is guarded by Perkins can shoot a jump hook over him at any time. I will also say it was really well-reffed and they didn't bail Kobe out with phantom fouls like they do sometimes when he gets in the paint. Even when the Lakers went up, I knew OKC would at least make it a game. I was really surprised OKC didn't use Sefolosha more towards the end, I think he's one of the best defenders in the league and Harden couldn't guard Kobe. The Durant dagger at the end was so cold blooded and sick, it was beautiful.

Also, HUGE game for King James tonight. The Heat needed that type of performance and got it. Just a gigantic night, and Wade actually showed up. Now it's a 3 game series with 2 in Miami. I really have a hard time seeing the Heat lose the series now. I felt like whoever won game 4 was gonna take the series. I hate to look ahead, but Heat NEED Bosh back for next round. He isn't the greatest finisher, but he's a hell of a lot better than Anthony and Haslem, but they really need his little 15 foot jumper off the pick and roll.

Spurs wrapped things up tonight. Pretty easy to tell they were teh much better team. Clippers really aren't even that good in my opinion. When they aren't getting alley-oops they don't have much of an offense and the Spurs just always make the right passes, rotations, shots, etc. Should be a blast watching Parker and Westbrook go at it. Different styles and two of the best in the game. I love watching both teams but I think OKC is gonna take it. They have great defenders and length and I don't think anyone on SA can contain Durant. Spurs don't rebound well either, and I just see OKC being too much to handle in transition for them.

holy ****, i love playoff hoops!!
FireWaterBurn is offline   Reply With Quote