Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 03:11 AM   #1270 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Page 65-80

Bruce Dickinson
- Really enjoyed your reviews of the Bruce Dickinson albums, its been a while since I listened to any of them though, but first off they're a damn sight better than the Robert Plant and Ian Gillan discographies (which of course we already discussed) First off they don't suffer from either the bland hard rock or outright pop experimentation of Robert Plant's solo stuff, neither do they suffer from the out-dated jazz-fusion of Ian Gillan's solo stuff. His discography falls somewhere in-between Iron Maiden and the type of pop metal that was being put out at the time from bands like Bon Jovi and DEF Leppard and the albums I remember gradually became a bit more diverse, but never went off the rails and kept within confines of metal. All in all Bruce Dickinson was one of the best mainstream hard rock or metal frontmen that went solo.

Pink Floyd- Wish You Were Here along with Darkside of the Moon are the two pearls of Pink Floyd, the songs are deep and beautiful at times, the problem is that they have been caned to death, everybody has these albums, everybody thinks they are the bee's knees, everybody thinks that to be taken seriously in music they have to love these albums, to say anything bad about the band or these albums is to be looked down upon For these reasons I hardly ever listen to Pink Floyd anymore, but of course I agree they are classics.

Black Sabbath- Master of Reality, well what can I say! The best metal album ever recorded! Well quite possibly and certainly in the top 10 best ever recorded. This is the most revered metal album ever recorded and along with Paranoid my favourite BS album. The obvious strengths of this album are the sludgy doom laden riffs combined with some nice quiet moments, before the whole thing is bludgeoned into oblivion! I saw that you are a fan of Vol.4 I love that album as well, so often misunderstood and under-appreciated by a lot of people, its a classic.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote