Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 01:48 AM   #1325 (permalink)
FireWaterBurn
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric generic View Post
The only way they will let go of Bynum is if they land Howard (or some other mega star).

PS: That trade didn't work out THAT bad for Memphis, they landed his brother and a 1st round pick.
Good point, it was actually a pretty good trade for them now that I think about it. Just took a few years to pan out for the Grizz and the trade made LA a powerhouse with the best big man duo in the league, propelling them to 2 straight titles. I actually really like Marc's game and think he is really under rated.

And you're right, they wouldn't give up Bynum unless they got Dwight in my opinion. And I could see that happening. Dwight has been a huge douche in Orlando and I think he will walk after next season. And last season showed me that the Lakers are willing to make big moves with the whole CP3 voided deal and shipping Odom out of town (such a dumb move though!!).

The more I thought about it tonight, the more Steve Nash makes sense in LA. I'm not sure about salary cap implications, but aside from that ya gotta figure Nash only wants to go to a legit title contender and LA is pretty much the only legit contender without a great PG. The other great teams are great because of their current PGs (Westbrook, Rose, Parker, Rondo, and LBJ is pretty much a point guard forward for Miami). Whatever happens, everything is magnified in LA and it's gonna be a really interesting off-season for them.
FireWaterBurn is offline   Reply With Quote