Music Banter - View Single Post - critique my nutrition
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
hip hop bunny hop
Music Addict

Default critique my nutrition

So, we've a work out thread, but no nutrition thread. This doesn't make sense, as diet + exercise is how you get **** done. So I figure a thread offering friendly critiques of diets and what have you would be helpful.

I've been on a few different regimens, but I seem to have an easier time not exceeding my caloric limit when I stick with a system. I had good success with a Keto diet (which is just another term for the induction phase of Atkins, but whatever), and I am currently on a lacto-vegetarian regimen.

Here's what I had today. It's fairly typical for me, except today I had to a staggering amount of strawberries instead of my typical veggies and veggie sandwiches

4 slices of wheat montana "healthy loaf" sunflower/flax bread, 20 grams of protein, 20 grams of fiber, 360 calories
4 tbsp adams' natural crunchy peanut butter, 14 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber, 400 calories
2 cups of low-fat goat milk, 16 grams of protein, 200 calories
1 boca spicy chik'n patty, 12 grams of protein, 2 grams of fiber, 140 calories
2 slices of pepper jack cheese, 8 grams of protein, 140 calories
~7 tbsp of salsa, 7 grams of protein, 7 grams of fiber, 140 calories, and ~49% of my daily sodium
Kashi Pita crisps, ~3 servings, 9 grams of protein, 15 grams of fiber, and 360 calories
~1 cup kashi strawberry fields cereal, 2 grams of protein, 1 gram of protein, 120 calories
chobani fat free yogurt, 14 grams of protein, 140 calories
~24 oz strawberries, ~4 grams of protein ,~13 grams of fiber, ~216 calories (using this as my measuring stick for strawberries)
Spoiler for :
I know some of you are going to say, "why did you eat so many strawberries? Are you one of those retards who thinks fruits are a substitute for vegetables?" Nope, I'm not a retard. Strawberries were one sale - two pounds for $5 (HELL YEAH!).... and the **** at checkout placed my strawberries at the bottom of the bag. I got home and everything was covered in a strawberry juice and bruised strawberry remains, including my condoms & lube, which is not the way to impress a lady in your life, FYI.

totals: ~106 grams of protein, 61 grams of fiber, and 2,216 calories

(Edit: to make this more legible, my meals went something like: breakfast: yogurt & cereal with goats milk, lunch was boca patty w/2 slices of cheese & salsa & pita chips, dinner #1 was a **** ton of strawberries, and dinner #2 was peanut butter sandwich & goat milk)

So, today I got more than double than Recommended Daily Value for protein (which is 50), and fiber (which is 25)..... my goal is to stay under 2,500 calories, and while I didn't go as far under as I would have liked to, I'm still happy with my results.

My basic working method is: don't buy ****ty food at the grocery store. Meaning I read the nutrition facts and the ingredients before I buy stuff. This makes it much, much more difficult to screw up.