Music Banter - View Single Post - It had to happen... Prog Wars!
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 08:04 PM   #33 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Pile another vote on Close to the Edge. I've never understood the insane hype for Animals-- yeah it's a good album but it pales in comparison to Pink Floyd's more well-known stuff and even, I'd argue, Meddle. I don't find it very memorable, but CttE is just insanely fun to listen to. You've got a group of some very groove-oriented, very technically-skilled musicians all jamming together on three epic tracks-- every time I listen to the album I focus on a different musician and discover something new and titillating.

In Animals' defense, Waters' lyrics are much more engaging than Anderson's abstract(nonsensical) narratives.
Animals is one of the handful of albums that can bring tears to my eyes. That's why I shout from rooftops about it. Because it touched me... especially the lyrics, but the instrumentation is perfect as well. Dogs does it for me, the rest is bonus. Animals is one of the most important albums made as far as I'm concerned. But yeah I don't know what everyone else's reasons are...

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote