Music Banter - View Single Post - Rainbow appreciation thread
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 03:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsabertoothtiger View Post
One of the greatest bands in my opinion.

If youre a Rainbow fan, who are your favorites, what are your favorites?

I listen to Stargazer on repeat and can't get enough of A Light in the Black. Favorite album is Rising.

Even though Ronnie James Dio was 90 pounds soaking wet, the voice that came out of him was unforgettable.

An all star band that didn't last very long with the original all star line up, but one of the greatest.
No rock collection is complete without a couple of Rainbow albums. The Dio era stuff gave us the classic Rainbow Rising and Long Live Rock n Roll albums and hell were they good albums. What was special about early Blackmore's Rainbow was that they gave the world "dragon rock" in its purest form with its fusion of fantasy style scenarios into the lyrics and songs, a style that bands like Iron Maiden would go onto perfect. I also enjoyed the stylistic change of the band after Dio left, whilst not being as great as the Dio stuff, the albums with Graham Bonnet and John Lynn Turner also both great vocalists, had some unforgettable singles that made up for some of the filler on those albums.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote