Music Banter - View Single Post - Toto
Thread: Toto
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
tojamm
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Toto are without doubt one of my favourite all time bands, AOR gave us a whole load of very accomplished and brilliant bands amongst a bunch of mediocre acts, BUT Toto were the best. They ticked all the right boxes from the word go, they had outstanding musicians, fantastic song writers, songs that sat in your head, the right mix between commercial and non-commercial material, heavy and soft material and always fantastic vocalists.

The only thing that surprises me about your above post, is the choice of your favourite 3 Toto albums. The Seventh One is a very good album but Faranheit was poor and Tambu just a good listen. The Toto classics are very much the first 5 albums as those define the band.

I could go on talking about how outsanding and brilliant this band is for page after page, but I don't want to bore people
I agree with you. A fantastic band. Maybe i should have written that they are my favourite albums "right now". Of course Toto and Toto IV has a place among the top three if you ask me.

What is your opinion about Hydra? Is it progg?
tojamm is offline   Reply With Quote