Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #1115 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKrizic View Post
I just generally like Joe Satriani's upbeat sounds a lot more than Steve Vai's technical, experimental styles. And that's not to mention that Joe Satriani does do his fair share of experimentation with different styles as well...even though some of them turn out to be rather mediocre (Yes; I'm looking at you, Engines of Creation.)
Oh well, I tend to lean far more to the experimental end of music (my username being a Captain Beefheart song should be a good hint as to my musical taste). Upbeat music is generally not my flavour, but I love experimental music to no end; Steve Vai--fresh from the cradling arms of Frank Zappa--has a lot of brilliant experimental moments in his music and he edges out Satriani for me because of that. Both are phenomenal guitarists and kick my ass at the instrument, but Vai is far better and less cliched in my opinion. But to each his own, I guess.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote