Music Banter - View Single Post - Euro 2012
Thread: Euro 2012
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 03:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Anyone got trolled by this bbc piece about how if you're a minority you won't come back from Euro 2012 alive ? Because that's what it is - trolling.
Take an issue, show only the most drastic pictures, show only one side, fail to show the real scope of the issue and you'll be able to turn anything into anything. Tabloid journalism at it's finest.
The UK press is always looking for a juicy story, with the team's limitations clearly known they're looking to do some Eastern European bashing! That aside though, there is an issue with racial minorities of colour being abused at football matches in a number of Eastern European countries, its been going on for years. This though is not exclusive to Eastern Europe and also occurs here in Western Europe, the difference is though, that here in Western Europe, the government, the police and the football clubs have made it a priority to curb this kind of racism in general (some countries are better than others) In Eastern Europe there is no such effort being made, there may be some efforts being made somewhere but its seldom done.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote