Music Banter - View Single Post - Euro 2012
Thread: Euro 2012
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 06:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
I'm not saying the problem isn't there - but it's scale is much, much smaller than the bbc would like everybody to think. I dare to say, actual racism in Poland (I can't speak for all of easter europe, and I won't) is a much smaller problem than in western Europe. And if someone states that tagging a wall with a slur is an indication of everybody being racist, I just have to question the logic behind it.
I've been to league matches in Poland, I've been to the national team matches - without a minimum of street smarts you might get attacked regardless of the color of your skin or ethnicity, but I hope that the vast majority of people are smart enough to know e.g. not to provoke that big, tatooed, drunk guy yelling crap at everybody. Situations that could, potentially, get you in trouble with the locals would get anyone in trouble, white, black or polka dotted.
If anything, you're more in danger of getting a ticket from the Police
Yac.
They're not linking just the casual football hooligan with these racist attacks, but the neo-nazi thugs that single out people of ethnic minorities, they did make it clear that this type of hooligan was far more dominant in the Ukraine than it was in Poland.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote