Music Banter - View Single Post - Euro 2012
Thread: Euro 2012
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Yes, I agree they make it clear - unfortunately I don't notice this distinction among those commenting on this issue.
I have several non white friends that live in Poland, none of them has ever been targeted or had to suffer more than a random insult from a random, usually drunk, stranger.
I have to stress I don't know how this works in the Ukraine, from what I see on tv it looks like a nightmare ... but then again I can see similar things about Poland and I know they're not true. Makes one wonder.
Yac.
Like anywhere it depends on where you live, if you live in a stable socio-economic environment then these things are not really an issue, if you live in a deprived area then you're more likely to witness these kind of crimes. The Ukraine based on what I know, is well below Poland on a socio-economic level and for that reason will probably suffer from the stuff we're talking about. Another issue concerning the Ukraine that has also been documented by the media, is the situation of the street kids in the Ukraine that live in terrible conditions.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote