Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #1361 (permalink)
FireWaterBurn
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric generic View Post
I'd rather have Magic than LBJ if you wanna compare.
I love a good comparison!! Though it's obviously hard comparing eras. I am too young to fully appreciate all of Magic's greatness, I will say that. Plus, you'd be comparing Magic and the entirety of his career with about half of LeBron's. Very similiar players though, I think LeBron will be regarded as more Magic and less Jordan when it's all said and done. Kobe will be the only one in the Jordan conversation, and maybe Durant (but I kinda think he'll be a one of a kind given his size and skill set). I view LeBron as Magic with more scoring and less assists. But Magic was a true point, where LeBron is kind of a new-age hybrid of point forward. Rings matter little to me when comparing guys, which I will explain if asked. When it's all said and done though, again I am saying I didn't get to fully experience or understand the Magic era and I am projecting LBJ's future, I think LeBron will have to be considered the better player.

Consider this: Let's say LeBron wins 3 more MVPs and wins 2 or 3 titles (both good chances IMO), would it change your mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I understand the bron bron hate, but when it comes down to heat vs spurs of course im gonna root for the heat, it would be wrong not to.

I wanna see them take that trophy right in front of papovichs cold dead face
I just don't understand the AMOUNT of hate because of The Decision. Lebron is the player we all dreamed of. Gets team mates involved, scores, passes, defends, wants to win and turns down more money for a better team, etc. And I agree he was strangely timid and played poorly in the Finals last year, but other than that the LeBron-not-clutch is just a myth. I actually think he's really humble and a good guy too. Sorry for slobbing his knob, I just get really frustrated with the hate. Cleveland wasn't putting guys around him, and sure looking back he regrets The Decision but I think it's blown incredibly out of proportion.

By the way I jsut wanna say that the foul when Pierce fouled out last night really pissed me off. Refs have done a great job I think with not calling fouls when guys go straight up in the air on defense, but they botched that one big time.
FireWaterBurn is offline   Reply With Quote