Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #1363 (permalink)
FireWaterBurn
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric generic View Post
Rings matter. If LBJ had the killer instinct I look for in ALL-TIMERS, he would have at least one championship by now (probably two). The choking rhetoric is definitely overblown, but he does shy away from the ball in key moments too often (he has been better about that this year).

The Decision hate was deserved, he should have known better. He isn't humble, but he desperately wants to appear that way. I couldn't say whether or not he's a good guy, but he probably is.
I've watched every LeBron interview and post game press conference I had a chance to watch, and I think he's pretty humble and a great interview. Then like that one time out of a few hundred where he says something with a hint of arrogance or anger, everyone is on him. Just athletes in general, I think they get a raw deal. Have a few thousand people come to your job and call you an ******* for 3 hours then try to face the national media after a loss and be gracious about it. I don't think many of us could do that.

I think last year he shied away from the ball a ton. But the other 7 or 8 years of his career he never did, and he hasn't this year either. And of course rings matter, but I think they are overblown. Sure, Kobe has 5 rings. I'm sure you love Kobe as an LA fan. But the first 3 rings were mainly because of Shaq and the ring vs the Celtics Kobe was terrible in Game 7. How many does Horry and Kerr have?? I mean, yeah it's important but it takes a team in any sport to win it. Wasn't like Jordan or Russell or Magic or Bird were playin with scrubs out there ya know.

I agree LeBron doesn't have that killer instinct. Not many really have. Jordan, Kobe..... Guys like Wilt didn't have it, he's an all-timer.
FireWaterBurn is offline   Reply With Quote