Music Banter - View Single Post - Best of 80s synth pop
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 05:55 PM   #138 (permalink)
Nerd
Groupie

Well I thought I would post a few more groups that I like. Expand on my previous list, I'll also put some one hit wonders in here. I’m just gonna list them don't have as much time today.

Tears for fears: few albums tons of good songs.
Alphaville: Screw (Forever young, although a good song) Sounds like a melody and big in japan.

Concrete Blond: ("Wendy" and another song named "Joey") + A few other songs that make the lime light.

Duran Duran: (Wild Boys; Union of the Snake) Of course they have tons of albums out and most are well known. This was the first Concert I have ever gone too. Great band.

U2: back then you could really tell they loved what they did. When they went worldwide, something changed from their original music. I totally recommend their 80's songs.

Fleetwood Mac: (Little lies, Seven Wonders, Everywhere) Even though they have more 70's hits then the 80's This is a group I would compare to abba. Great band, Great Songs.

Gene Loves Jezebel: (Desire, Jealous) Although more of a rock band they have a totaly 80's feel to them. People remember the songs but they didn't know who sung them.
Howard Jones: (everlasting love, What is love), This is 80's Synth pop, whether you like it or not.

Journey: (Oh Sherry, Worlds Apart) Would the 80's even be the 80's without Steve Perry?

Thompson Twins (Doctor Doctor) many others. These guys have a lot of musical influence of what people hear today in music. Great band. Wiki them it is actually a interesting read.

The Moody Blues (Wildest dreams, I know you’re out there somewhere) These guys were way before the Synth stage, yet they ended their career in the time era. If you listen to these guys some of their 70's is even better then these songs. I might get dissed for putting them on this list; However if you listen to the two songs listed you will see they were synthesized.

Oingo Boingo: (Just another Day, only a lad, Deadmans party) This guy retired and now makes theme songs for movies and tv shows and he has become a very talented music writer. He did the Simpsons theme song.

Pet Shop Boys (Domino Dancing, Go West, it’s a sin, Jealousy, What have I done to deserve this, West end girls) Do I have to do on? These guys are probably #11 on the list.

Peter Gabriel: (Games without frontiers, Big time, Salisbury Hill, Sledgehammer) + many more.

Phil Collins: (I wish it would rain down, Sussudio, Groovy kind of love, in the air tonight) Yes I did put him on this list. A lot of people don't know but as with "Prince" Phil could play every instrument in the band, Arguably one of the best drummers around in his area go look up Phil Collins drum solos...

The Police: (Synchronicity) no need to get any other album, By the way sting sucks.
Real Life: (Send me an angel, God Tonight). Another Synth band that rocks the hizzy...

Talking Heads: (And She Was, Psycho Killer, Take me to the River) Although not really a Synth band, they did use them. Most of the noises you hear in their songs however were actually recorded by instruments. They are more of a band but, Wow, What more is there to say.

Ultravox: (Vienna) I think of vampires for some reason when I hear this song?

Violent Femmes (American Music, Kiss off) Although not Synth, I really don't know how to categorize these guys but folk music, and I hate folk music, However these guys are a prodigy from the area. And you can't help but sing along to all their songs. 3 Person band.

One Hit Wonders (80’s)

Book of love (I touch Roses) Wonderful song. They have other hits but not like this one.

Camper Van Beethoven: (Matchstick men) Song gets annoying after a while; yet somehow it creatively wants you to keep on listening.

Cetu Javu: (Have in Mind) A German Synth band, they have amazing voices and beats: However I would start with Have in Mind, to know where they are coming from.

Q-Feel: (Dancing in Heaven) Although the band is severely dated this songs brings up nothing but good spirits, and makes you feel good.

Hall and Oats: (Missed Opportunity). Some will call this group Soul or POP but the song missed opportunity is in a class of its own. I think. They actually have a lot of hits in the area but this song is totally obscure and unrecognized.

Donny Osmond: (Soldier of love) Funny hu?

Laura Branigan: (Self Control), She is more of 80’s pop, but this song has a beat of it’s own. I used to work grave yards. This song takes me back to that.

Mathew Wilder: (Break My Stride) this will take you back to the beginning of the era.

Nu Shooz: (I Can’t Wait): This is arguably one of the best 80’s songs around. Whenever I listen to it I have to finish it, like a good movie.

The Other Ones: (Another Holiday) Another totally obscure 80’s songs. Shhh Don’t tell anyone.

Rockwell & Michael Jackson: (Somebody’s watching me) MJ did the backup vocals on this song.

Steven tin tin Duffy: (Kiss me (With your mouth)). This song is the essence of a one hit wonder.

T’pau: (Heart and Soul). I still listen to this song and try to figure out how they pulled it off.

Underworld: (underneath the radar).

When in Rome: (The Promise) Although I had this song long time before Napoleon Dynamite came out, it made the song even more popular.

I’ll leave it there this should give you guys some research studies.
Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote