Music Banter - View Single Post - Every Artist In My Library In Alphabetical Order
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 10:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
OctaneHugo
Goes back & does it again

1. !!!
Pronounced "chk chk chk"
1996-Present
4 albums

The only album I have by these guys is Strange Weather, Isn't It? which came out in August 2010. I wanna say the first time I listened to it was February 2011, which was also the first I had heard of these guys. They're fun! Dance punk usually is. For me, I kinda wrote the genre off when I first heard of it, but when I listened to The Rapture I really got into it. So I kinda got way too excited about it, and then I ended up disappointed with a lot of the sub-par bands that come out off it.

But these guys are cool. They're pretty electronic (at least on this album), and they pull it off. "The Hammer" is five minutes of a killer synth riff. Their front man's voice is awesome, especially on this track, and "Jamie, My Intentions Are Bass" has a great hook.

The only other song I've heard by !!! is "Me and Giuliani Down by the School Yard (A True Story)", and after I listened to it for the first time I grabbed the album it's from but I still haven't gotten to it. But this album's good! Real good. Fun listen.

If Any Major Dude Has Yet To Tell You, Click Here
OctaneHugo is offline   Reply With Quote