Music Banter - View Single Post - Every Artist In My Library In Alphabetical Order
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 11:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
OctaneHugo
Goes back & does it again

4. Alice in Chains
Layne Staley died really horribly, wow
4 albums
1987-1995, 2009-Present

jesus! another band I have one great album by that I really like, and I haven't listened to any of their other stuff...I slept on this one for a while. I'm not someone who like irrationally hates grunge because of this weird stigma attached to it as bad music, but I just never got around to Alice in Chains until late 2010. That's when I listened to Dirt. "Them Bones", "Dam That River", "Godsmack", "Angry Chair", "Would?"...all awesome songs. you could take just these songs and have one hell of an album, but everything on this is good. it's a classic! it deservers it! the lyrics are killer, they'll ruin your day just like ASM's, and the guitars on this album - damn. the riffs are on a whole other level.

I listened to this when the Phillies ended last season in the worst way possible, so I guess there's your story for this album? it's awesome. not happy music though. there's really nothing I can say besides "listen to it", everybody who's listened to this album loves it, you can join us!

If Any Major Dude Has Yet To Tell You, Click Here
OctaneHugo is offline   Reply With Quote