Music Banter - View Single Post - An indeterminate number of albums you probably have never heard, but maybe should
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 01:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Perhaps one of the albums that affected me most profoundly, along with Jeff Wayne's "War of the worlds" and "Script for a jester's tear" was this one, a one-off collaboration between Irish musicians Ken Kiernan and Ger McDonald, and noted Irish artist Jim Fitzpatrick, setting his wonderful celtic mythology paintings to music. Like the book of art he published, they called it "Erinsaga".

It charts the coming of the Celts to Ireland, their struggles against the local gods and demons, and their eventual triumph as they make the land theirs. It's a powerful history of ancient Ireland steeped in the beautiful and often savage mythology of my native land, and like most if not all legend, it's full of tragedy, sacrifice, redemption and triumph.

You can't get these samples on YT; I had to make them myself from scratch. The album is similarly hard to come by, so if anyone wants it, I've recorded the whole thing and split it into four videos.

And here they are.

(If anyone wants the actual album let me know and I'll hook you up).