Music Banter - View Single Post - The MusicBanter Café
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #256 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

I`m really glad this thread is bouncing back, as it gives me a better chance to work out what people on MB are like.

wolverine: I think I read a suggestion that you were a banned member coming back under another name. Now it turns out that you`re really friendly and unpretentious with, tipsy or not, one of the nicest, clearest posts in the MB cafè. I`m tempted to say that I`d like to be right behind Freebase for the babies, but as that sounds inappropriate in about a million ways, I`m not going to.
vanilla: Now I can put a face to one of MB`s most enigmatic mods ! I even have an answer to your question; yes, I`ve been disappointed by compilation albums. No idea what dubstep is, but in the ,er, world of world, compilations often try to pick the most middle-of-the-road example from each sub-genre. It`s like they`re specifically aiming for "bland" - in fact they probably are; trying to sell albums to people with a mild interest in the music, rather than to hardcore fans who they know will buy the whole "warts and all" original albums.

If I`m allowed a question without posting a video, it would be: Does anyone have any news about this thread`s founder ?