Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #11740 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above View Post
Just saw Prometheus. It sucked. It deliberately set itself up for a sequel so there was no conclusion, hence the ending sucked utter cock. Even if the ending was decent, the ride was mediocre anyway.
I was planning to see it this afternoon but certain things got in the way today but reviews have been mixed to say the least.

Onto what I have seen:

Performances were superb all round. I haven't seen Tom Hardy put in a bad performance yet and certain scenes with Nick Nolte were heartbreaking but despite the sincerity it's Rocky with whistles on and I would have loved to see much more of the father/son dynamic that was just getting interesting but the film decided to jump straight to the main event as it were. The Wrestler (clearly an inspiration) is far superior.

The subtle humour in this film was well written and the effects were damn good but everything was telegraphed in the first 15 minutes and it all felt a little predictable. Definitely worth a watch but a prequel would be much more interesting regarding the troll's than a film that practically describes the finale in it's opening credits.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote