Music Banter - View Single Post - Euro 2012
Thread: Euro 2012
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #47 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Jose Mourinho plays him at Center Back whenever he is fit, and the guy puts in 9/10 performances week after week. He is absolutely outstanding in that position. Maybe not a year or two back, but right now he is World Class.

Parker is a completely average all-round player, who is very good at tackling and blocking. That's not enough in modern football. Parker has nothing on the likes of Carrick, Wilshere, Lampard, Barry and Gerrard because all of those can do what he does (maybe to a lesser standard) but have so much more to their game.

A rich man's Lee Cattermole at best.
Ok we'll see how he does there for Spain, the type of blocking and tackling player that Parker is, is kind of essential and as you say yourself he's the best that England have, so it makes sense that he should be in the squad.

Just read that Cahill is not out of squad, it just gets better and better
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote