Music Banter - View Single Post - Keepin It Soft
Thread: Keepin It Soft
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
DoctorSoft
Rocket Appliances

Entry #1 - A Review of Built to Spill - Perfect From Now On

Built to Spill was a band that I had heard a few select songs from and always thought of as quite good, but they always struck me as a band that wouldn't be able to keep it together for a whole album. I loved songs like "Car" and "Stab" for their well written, almost poppy catchiness mixed with their interesting guitar playing that typically built in intensity as the song progressed. When I first downloaded this album I was a little dissapointed that none of the songs I had heard by the band were on it, but nevertheless I listened to it and am currently very glad I did.

At first the only songs that really stuck out to me were 'I would hurt a fly" and the last track "Untrustable Part 2". I found most of the other tracks to be a little meandering, with very few memorable moments. But on subsequent listens the rest of the songs grew on me. I began really enjoying the album, from the off time yet still catchy beat to "Randy Described Eternity" to the melodic and hooky 'Out of sight". There really isn't a song on here that I can't find something to love, usually in the unusually catch melodies produced by the guitar playing and the singer's voice, which some people might find off putting, but I find it suits the music very well.

OVERALL:

4 cases of erectile dysfunction out of 5.
DoctorSoft is offline   Reply With Quote