Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm new!! Gah!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

To elaborate on what Exo says: check through the threads, find one that interests you (something surely will) and join by posting but THINK about what you're going to post. Simple one-liners like "yeah", "I agree", "this sucks" and "hello" will only annoy people who are reading the thread. Take the time (once you find a thread(s) you want to join) to read through it so that you don't come across as stupid by say, posting something other people have already said, or misinterpreting something.

Contribute, and by all means if you have something to say that isn't being said here, make a thread and see if people respond. Do be sure to make it in the proper forum though: threads about Mozart are not going to go down well in the Metal sub-forum, just as threads about Motorhead won't flourish in the Pop section. Perhaps try General Music to start.

There's also a thread in which you can introduce yourself to everyone here, give us a little background about you, particularly what sort of music you're into, and let us get to know you better, and vice versa.

Most importantly, don't try posting links as you need 15 posts to do that, and similarly don't try to up your post count with one-liners or by jumping into every thread there is: that really pi$$es the mods off, and you don't want to do that.

But mainly, just join in. Have fun. Read, contribute if you want, be respectful of the opinion of others, and if you get in trouble or need help, PM a mod. Or, if you're really stuck, me.

Welcome!