Music Banter - View Single Post - Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire) The Fantasy Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #179 (permalink)
PoorOldPo
Blue Pill Oww

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Jon played his part beautifully, Qhorin's scheme couldn't have worked better. I don't think Jon was fully aware of what he was doing, just reacting to what Qhorin had started. That kind of surprised, shocked, what-have-you look on his face sold it completely. Jon killed a brother of the Night's Watch, and not just any brother, but a commander, the Wildlings will think he doesn't want to go back in fear of punishment and will now have no choice but to join them.

On the other side of the Wall, I'm really happy with the changes they've made to Bran's story, specifically Osha sticking around rather than just going off with Rickon like she did in the story.

Osha really has become like a surrogate mother to the boys, something they desperately need considering their real mother kind of sucks at her job. Cat's story this season was kind of a mess, while it did follow the story, some of the things she did made no sense. I mean she released Jaime Lannister before news of Bran and Rickon's "deaths" had reached her, I mean that was the tipping point for her, if releasing Jaime would get her back two of her other children then so be it. Also, the fact that they omitted Riverrun and her father's failing health this season kind of made you wonder what she was doing staying with Robb, when after she left King's Landing in the first book she was so adamant to get back to Winterfell and her children.
They are casting the Reeds. They are meeting up with them next season. Osha will probably go with Rickon when they split up.
PoorOldPo is offline   Reply With Quote