Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #1137 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Red Dwarf + Red Dwarf: Back to Earth

I re-watched all eight series of its original run recently, having not seen them since it was on. I was 4 when the first series aired and so naturally a lot of it I knew well and a lot of it I didn't. Some of it I may or may not have ever even seen before. I used to adore this show when I was younger and re-watching it again just makes me realise how much I still love it. Goofy, quirky and very intelligently written sci-fi sitcom.

Back to Earth (a three-part resurrection that served as series 9) is something I watched when it aired and was somewhat undecided on. I watched it again and I have to say that I like it. General consensus has been negative, which isnt really a surprise. It had been a full 10 years since the show last aired with series VIII, the actors had aged and there was no laughter track or live studio audience. The last point would often be a good thing but the new specials had a very different feel to them and didnt feel familiar. That, however, didnt mean the content was no good. The first part was pretty poor but parts two and three were actually pretty great.

Can't wait for series X!

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote